In the information society and the era of globalization, the relationship between people, computers and the Internet is getting closer and closer. Online transactions are becoming more and more popular and they play an important role in economic activities. The use of computer or telecommunications technology to commit crimes in cyberspace is also increasing. The birth of the Internet has indeed brought many convenient ways of working in the business world, although some information security or cybercrime issues derived from it have also brought a greater threat to national social security.
What is Information Security
As its name implies, it is the security of information and communication. Investors use the Internet to trade securities, futures, purchase stocks and financial products, manage accounts and personal investment information. Does the convenience of online transactions properly consider the security of information and communication?
What are the risks of online trading?
Risks of Online Trading
- Online transactions such as Internet transmission or telephone voice are inherently unreliable and insecure when it comes to data transmission.
- The transmission of data within a network carries risks of interruption, continuation, etc.
Risks of Data Custody
- Messages are sent by an impostor
- Message content is monitored from a remote location by other parties
- Data content is stolen, tampered with, or damaged by others
- The receiver denies receiving the message content, the sender denies sending the message content
- If the client's personal password and electronic certificate is lost or stolen, the client is held responsible
When do I need to use a certificate?
When you want to have trading agreement with securities dealers and futures dealers (such as making an order, deletion, subscription, withdrawal of futures trading margin, etc.), you need to use the certificate.
Online Transaction Safety Instructions
Password setting principle
Statement of Principles
When setting the password, please do not use numbers that are easy to be guessed by criminals, such as a birthday, phone number, ID number or a regularly repeated password.
Password Management Principles
Passwords need to be carefully managed
- You should apply in person and keep the electronic certificate properly (the types of electronic certificate storage media are: magnetic disk, hard disk, IC card, etc.), and do not entrust the certificate with others for safekeeping.
- Do not share any of your personal passwords with others.
- Do not write your password down anywhere it can be spotted and can be easily accessed by others.
- Change your password from time to time.
- General website passwords should be different from online transaction passwords, to avoid being guessed or stolen.
Browser Usage Guidelines
It is best not to use a browser to trade in public
- Do not be afraid of the hassle of e-vouchers.
- If you share your computer with others, do not store your personal password on a browser.
- Get into the habit of logging out of the Internet immediately after getting up from your seat or completing a transaction.
- It is best not to use websites with transactional features in public places, such as Internet cafes.
Beware of Phishing
Be careful against phishing
- Phishing is a commonly used method of online fraud. Criminals will use forged websites, emails or fake identities to log in URLs on major well-known search websites to induce users to use fake URLs and deceive users' personal privacy information (for example: ID number or password, etc.) and commit criminal acts.
- In order to ensure the safety of your use of various services of KGI Futures website, please enter through the website https://www.kgif.com.tw/zh-tw/, if you click to link to the KGI Futures webpage through email or other websites, please be sure to check the address bar of your browser carefully, and the correct URL of KGI Futures should be displayed, to avoid any fake web page fraud.
Transaction dispute management
Mediation scheme for transaction disputes
Investors who use electronic certificates can use the relevant evidence as the basis for arbitration in cases of tansaction disputes
- Securities and Futures Bureau, Financial Regulatory Commission, Executive Yuan / 8773-5100
- Securities Investors and Futures Traders Protection Center / 2712-8020
- Taiwan Stock Exchange / 2348-5678
- The Republic of China Securities OTC Trading Center / 2366-6100
- Taiwan Futures Exchange Corporation / 2369-5678 ext. 125 or 127
- Other securities-related units